Using Brainspotting for Anxiety and OCD with Brooke Randolph, LMHC
- What is Brainspotting? How does it work?
- How was Brainspotting developed? Who discovered it?
- How can Brainspotting help with anxiety and OCD?
- What happens during and after a Brainspotting session
- Can Brainspotting be used with all ages?
- Brainspotting training
- Comparison between Branspotting and other forms of therapy.
Play Therapy for School Aged Children with Anxiety with Brittany Dyer, LPC-MHSP
- How does anxiety present in school-aged children?
- How does childhood anxiety present differently from adult anxiety?
- Behaviors that may indicate a child has anxiety
- Anxious parents with anxious children.
- Things parents can do to help their child with anxiety.
- What is play therapy? How does it work?
- How to introduce therapy to your kids
- How does play therapy reduce anxiety in children and even in adults?
- Signs that your child may need a therapist
Reducing Anxiety with Secret Keeping Horses (Equine Assisted Therapy), Bailee Teter, LPC-MHSP (temp)
- Bailee’s story about how she became an Equine Assisted Therapist without being a “horse person.”
- What is Equine Assisted Therapy?
- Different models of Equine Assisted Therapy.
- How does equine therapy help with anxiety and other mental issues?
- Human-animal emotional connection. God says take care of the animals.
- Horses read and respond to human emotions like anxiety.
- Stories about how equine therapy helps people with anxiety
Welcoming the Parts We Don’t Like (Internal Family System -IFS) with Lindsey Castleman, LMFT
- What is IFS (Internal Family System) Therapy
- How did Lindsey get into Christian counseling
- How did she incorporate Christian faith principles into her practice
- Looking at the core of self through attachment and faith-based lens
- Some parts of self want attention come in different forms like anxiety and OCD
- Bringing all parts of yourself connected as God is three in one
The Power of EMDR Therapy for Anxiety with Sarah Slade, LPC-MHSP
- Our path to receiving EMDR training
- What is EMDR?
- Different types of trauma (little t and big T)
- Getting to the root of troubling body sensations and
- How EMDR can be helpful for people with anxiety
How PCIT Can Help Your Anxious Child with Anika Mullen, LPC-MHSP
- What is Parent Child Interaction Therapy?
- How PCIT is helpful for children with behavioral problems
- How receiving PCIT virtually through online counseling benefits families
- Are the tantrums my young child is having a normal part of development?
- PCIT Calm adaptation for anxious children
- Reinforcing brave behaviors over accommodating anxiety
Anika Mullen, LPC-MHSP: https://ecounselingconnection.com/clinician-credentials
The Science Behind Engaging with Music for Anxiety Relief (Music Therapy) with Tim Ringgold
- Spiritual pain
- Neuroscience behind how music calms the nervous system
- Practical ways to utilize music when stressed
- Difference between listening to music passively and engaging with it
Tim Ringold: https://www.timringgold.com/
Music therapy: https://www.musictherapy.org/about/musictherapy/