I had the privilege of interviewing John Stange, a lead pastor, professor, coach, counselor, certified speaker and author. John has written several books and his recent one is called “Dwell On These Things.”
Pastor John Stange shares with us his struggles with anxiety and his great wisdom and insight on overcoming negative self-talk through looking at God’s perspective toward us. We also talked about dealing with perfectionism as I am also a recovering perfectionist.
- John Stange’s personal journey through anxiety, having sleepless nights, negative self-talk and excessive worries about “what if’s.”
- Analyzing the root of his anxiety and preaching the truth of the gospel to his own heart
- Factors that make people who are serving the ministry quit their role after a short period of time
- “Why walk a defeated life when Christ already secured victory over our sins?”
- Questions to ask yourself if you really want to understand Bible scriptures
- Helpful concepts about seeing yourself through God’s eyes based on John Stange’s book, “Dwell On These Things”