Carrie Bock, LPC-MHSP
Reducing Shame and Increasing Hope One Story at a Time
Hello! I am a Christian, Licensed Professional Counselor, podcast host, and writer loving life just south of Nashville, TN.
For many years, I’ve had a passion for the intersection of mental health, the Bible, and the church. Unfortunately, the church often hasn’t responded in a sensitive and biblical way to those with mental health issues. My desire is to use this platform to spread messages of love, hope, and biblical truth. I want to see Christians be healed from the shame of feeling “not enough” because they are struggling with anxiety, OCD, or any other mental health issue.
I have been a counselor for over 10 years. In 2017, I started a private practice called By The Well Counseling where I help people with anxiety and OCD overcome wounding childhood experiences in order to live full lives.
I enjoy crafts, cooking, and walks in the park with the my husband Steve. I am a former foster parent and presently, a cat mom to two sweet and lazy cats named Lilo and Stitch.
What I Believe
- There is one God who exists in three natures: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Salvation comes through faith in Jesus and the finished work of the cross.
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and my guidbook for life.
- God’s love is transformative.
- The greatest commands are to love God and love people.
- God uses our “mess” for His glory and our good.