In Episode 5 of Hope for Anxiety and OCD, I interviewed my friend and colleague Jessica Huddleston to discuss the importance of determining whether or not someone is suffering from anxiety or OCD. Many people with OCD are in therapy for years receiving reassurance seeking, but not getting better. Jessica also discusses a common treatment for OCD.
- Personal story of how her daughter has been impacted by OCD
- Importance of differentiating between anxiety and OCD
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Creating exposures for social anxiety
- Power of a proper diagnosis to reduce shame and increase hope
Resources and links: